1. What is the goal of the ReConnect Program?
To improve the quality of life and emotional health of OC older adults.
2. Who qualifies for the ReConnect Socialization Services? Or Who can benefit from this program?
- Adults age 60 and older
- Orange County resident
- Individuals who are isolated
- Individuals with limited or inadequate support system
- Individuals exhibiting mental health symptoms or illness
- Individuals who have the ability to participate in community activities
- Individuals who are willing to be part of the program
3. How are services delivered?
- After receiving a referral, a telephone intake screening would be conducted by our intake specialist
- A comprehensive In-Home assessment would be conducted by one of our culturally competent case workers who will develop and monitor an individualized care plan for the participants. This care plan addresses any unmet needs that are a barrier for participants to be able to remain actively involved within the community. Linkages and referrals are made to available community resources to fulfill the needs.
- A customized activities plan including socialization and skill-development activities, as well as support groups of interest would be developed and conducted by life coaches and trained volunteers.
4. What is the length of the Services?
Services are available for 1-12 months, based on individual needs.
5. Does the program provide transportation?
6. What is the language capability of the program?
Our Staff is culturally competent. We offer services in English, Vietnamese, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, and Tagalog.
7. Is there a fee for the ReConnect Services?
No, participants are no charge any fee for the services. The program is funded by the County of Orange Health Care Agency, Prevention and Intervention Division. The funding is part of Prop 63.
8. What Orange County locations/cities the program covers?
The services are delivered throughout the entire County
9. What are the benefits of this program?
- Maintain or improve emotional wellbeing
- Redefine a purpose in life
- High degree of life satisfaction
- Independent living
- Community Involvement/community engagement
- Increased social engagement and connections
10. How can an individual be referred to the ReConnect Program?
By contacting one of the program intake specialist at (714) 352-8820